zum Inhalt springen

Research international

Staff at the Egyptology department collaborate with colleagues abroad, including in Egypt, and the department regularly hosts visiting researchers and PhD students from outside Germany.

The Alexander von Humboldt foundation offers fellowships of up to two years to post-doctoral researchers, both those from abroad coming to Germany and those from Germany going out. 

Researchers, German or from abroad, can apply to the German Research Council (DFG) for fellowships, positions and grants of different types. Applications will usually have to be submitted through a German research institution. Please check the DFG website for further information.

The Gerda-Henkel-Foundation specialises in history and archaeology and accepts applications for fellowships and grants from within Germany and abroad.

The Morphomata Kolleg is an international study centre for the humanities at the Faculty of Humanities at Cologne. The Kolleg regularly advertises international visiting research scholarships.

The International Office of the University of Cologne offers further information for visiting scholars.

PhD students who wish to come to Cologne or go abroad may check the website of the Centre of International Relations.